“In 2018 three longstanding members and supporters of the RSPB wrote to the charity asking them to stop killing foxes, corvids and mustelids. While the authors recognised that the RSPB does, of course, carry out a lot of good and positive work, we believed that the RSPB’s stance on lethal predator control, in the name of conservation and protecting selected species (such as curlews), was unacceptable and wrong. Urgent change was required to implement policies and practices that are ethical and humane, and promote the use of alternative measures to killing.” Guest post by Birders for Ethical ConservationContinue reading
Most viewed last 30 days
- Fox Hunting lobbyists seeking way round new Covid law posted on September 11, 2020
- Hunting Office webinars | Police investigating posted on November 24, 2020
- The ‘voices of the countryside’, raptor persecution, and trophy hunting posted on January 30, 2020
- Guest Post | Birders for Ethical Conservation posted on November 10, 2020
- Guest Post: Hunt Investigation Team | #SnareAware posted on November 16, 2020
- Nesting birds and the law posted on March 2, 2020
- Hunting Office webinars | Forestry England suspend ‘trail hunting’ licences posted on November 25, 2020
- Devon and Somerset Staghounds filmed cracking whip over a deer’s head posted on October 7, 2020
- Language Matters | A War on Wildlife Project campaign posted on November 2, 2020
- Fox hunting in Wales banned under new Covid restrictions posted on October 21, 2020
@WarOnWildlife https://t.co/hfIzBNSqKJ via @UKChange
@WarOnWildlife @HeydonJon: @MoorlandMonitor @LeeEvansBirding @peakdistrict @WarOnWildlife @ChrisGPackham @Keeptheban_ @FoxHITeam @TimBirchWild The whole of Moscar and Bamford moors are littered with snares, pits and dead things.Friend in Bamford reported a dead “grey bird of prey “ on Bamford this week ..I dread to think what it is .The PDNP is a national disgrace
@WarOnWildlife #licencing does anything but legitimise wildlife slaughter on a huge scale...
@WarOnWildlife @sabs_hunt: Given recent events it would be good to hear something from @scotgov @theSNP @MairiGougeon about how they’re gonna tackle fox-hunting and the physical and verbal abuse that sabs receive on a weekly basis. This has been going on far too long and your inaction is unacceptable.
@WarOnWildlife @Seasaver: WHY ARE WE ALLOWING THIS ECOCIDE? NO onboard observers. NO remote CCTV. NO inspections by fisheries authorities. How on earth do we know what this floating factory is catching in its nets? 👉 https://t.co/KGIEWdFkSx #EndBycatch https://t.co/YOyu5VsWh2
@WarOnWildlife @TimBirchWild: @Sueblueocean @MoorlandMonitor @peakdistrict @WarOnWildlife @ChrisGPackham @Keeptheban_ @FoxHITeam @PeakChief @peak_chair @uknationalparks What Peak Park should be saying publically is "This destruction of wildlife has no place in a National Park in the 21st Century.We support a change in the law to end this practice" !! @IoloWilliams2 @RaptorPersScot @PeakChief @peak_chair @BBCLookNorth @lizbonnin @uknationalparks
@WarOnWildlife @TimBirchWild: @hensrace_g @MoorlandMonitor @peakdistrict @WarOnWildlife @ChrisGPackham @Keeptheban_ @FoxHITeam Unfortunately yes its legal. Even more shocking its happening in @peakdistrict National Park. Its medieval and takes place on grouse moors. #grouseshooting Please write to your MP.