“In 2018 three longstanding members and supporters of the RSPB wrote to the charity asking them to stop killing foxes, corvids and mustelids. While the authors recognised that the RSPB does, of course, carry out a lot of good and positive work, we believed that the RSPB’s stance on lethal predator control, in the name of conservation and protecting selected species (such as curlews), was unacceptable and wrong. Urgent change was required to implement policies and practices that are ethical and humane, and promote the use of alternative measures to killing.” Guest post by Birders for Ethical ConservationContinue reading
Most viewed last 30 days
- Nesting birds and the law posted on March 2, 2020
- Botham declares war on the RSPB posted on July 23, 2021
- BrewDog | Gamekeepers no longer needed at Kinrara posted on June 28, 2021
- A quick note to Alexander Armstrong posted on December 31, 2020
- Bee-flies – not dangerous unless you’re a solitary bee posted on April 15, 2021
- European Eels – slipping towards extinction? posted on February 11, 2020
- Hunt Investigation Team | Government Call for Evidence on Snaring posted on July 12, 2021
- Great news – it’s becoming too risky to buy a grouse moor posted on June 17, 2021
- Equipment Fund – one month in… posted on July 2, 2021
- The National Trust and Trail Hunting 2021 posted on July 11, 2021
@WarOnWildlife @SteveWasteney: @HlReports @friendofthefox I have asked the question repeatedly. Why are Terrier Men necessary at a trail hunt. Come on Terrier Men, answer the question. I suspect I will never get one, lets face it, you're not very bright, but can ride a quad bike!!
@WarOnWildlife @Sueblueocean: @HlReports @axainsurance insure the hunt. The hunt intentionally and illegally kill foxes https://t.co/RiCnvhO0rj
@WarOnWildlife @HlReports: Dartmoor hunt now up on "Hunting Leaks". It's important for terrier men to keep a low profile!! https://t.co/Kmwt3IzBEc
@WarOnWildlife @HlReports: .@axainsurance does your trail hunting insurance you give to hunts cover the terrier men? They are killing foxes, so how is that "trail hunting"
@WarOnWildlife @KentBylines @LeagueACS There are still 200 hunts going out using the smokescreen of 'trail hunting', a con they invented to pretend they are not breaking the law.
@WarOnWildlife @mendiphuntsabs: Good morning from Camp Beagle, where we have joined many others for another day-long demonstration outside the vile puppy breeding facility, MBR Acres. Please join us! If you can’t join us, please share the posts on social media. #CampBeagle #FreeTheMBRBeagles https://t.co/NFmIVM6ERz
@WarOnWildlife @wildmoorsuk: We need a step change. We must act. Wild Moors seeks to unlock an area of Britain’s uplands the size of Greater London for regeneration by 2030. https://t.co/43j8xc8nXB