“It’s that time of year when we look out the window and see birds building their nests. Some have already got young, we can hear the hungry cries of nestlings, and see the busy parents bringing back food for a nest full of gaping mouths. Soon baby birds will start to fledge, test their wings and leave the nest. Once out, a fledgeling is beset with danger. Owls, weasels, magpies, crows, foxes, and even rats will take and eat a baby bird, but of course cats are prolific, and arguably the least justifiable, bird hunters.” Guest post by campaigner, activist and cat-lover Emily JonesContinue reading
Most viewed last 30 days
- Fox Hunting lobbyists seeking way round new Covid law posted on September 11, 2020
- Hunting Office webinars | Police investigating posted on November 24, 2020
- The ‘voices of the countryside’, raptor persecution, and trophy hunting posted on January 30, 2020
- Guest Post | Birders for Ethical Conservation posted on November 10, 2020
- Guest Post: Hunt Investigation Team | #SnareAware posted on November 16, 2020
- Nesting birds and the law posted on March 2, 2020
- Hunting Office webinars | Forestry England suspend ‘trail hunting’ licences posted on November 25, 2020
- Devon and Somerset Staghounds filmed cracking whip over a deer’s head posted on October 7, 2020
- Language Matters | A War on Wildlife Project campaign posted on November 2, 2020
- Fox hunting in Wales banned under new Covid restrictions posted on October 21, 2020
@WarOnWildlife https://t.co/hfIzBNSqKJ via @UKChange
@WarOnWildlife @HeydonJon: @MoorlandMonitor @LeeEvansBirding @peakdistrict @WarOnWildlife @ChrisGPackham @Keeptheban_ @FoxHITeam @TimBirchWild The whole of Moscar and Bamford moors are littered with snares, pits and dead things.Friend in Bamford reported a dead “grey bird of prey “ on Bamford this week ..I dread to think what it is .The PDNP is a national disgrace
@WarOnWildlife #licencing does anything but legitimise wildlife slaughter on a huge scale...
@WarOnWildlife @sabs_hunt: Given recent events it would be good to hear something from @scotgov @theSNP @MairiGougeon about how they’re gonna tackle fox-hunting and the physical and verbal abuse that sabs receive on a weekly basis. This has been going on far too long and your inaction is unacceptable.
@WarOnWildlife @Seasaver: WHY ARE WE ALLOWING THIS ECOCIDE? NO onboard observers. NO remote CCTV. NO inspections by fisheries authorities. How on earth do we know what this floating factory is catching in its nets? 👉 https://t.co/KGIEWdFkSx #EndBycatch https://t.co/YOyu5VsWh2
@WarOnWildlife @TimBirchWild: @Sueblueocean @MoorlandMonitor @peakdistrict @WarOnWildlife @ChrisGPackham @Keeptheban_ @FoxHITeam @PeakChief @peak_chair @uknationalparks What Peak Park should be saying publically is "This destruction of wildlife has no place in a National Park in the 21st Century.We support a change in the law to end this practice" !! @IoloWilliams2 @RaptorPersScot @PeakChief @peak_chair @BBCLookNorth @lizbonnin @uknationalparks
@WarOnWildlife @TimBirchWild: @hensrace_g @MoorlandMonitor @peakdistrict @WarOnWildlife @ChrisGPackham @Keeptheban_ @FoxHITeam Unfortunately yes its legal. Even more shocking its happening in @peakdistrict National Park. Its medieval and takes place on grouse moors. #grouseshooting Please write to your MP.