“‘Bringing back the Beaver’ is, of course, more than just a love letter to the beaver. It’s also a history book. It details the greedy, selfish, stupid eradication of a species that is still remembered in names of villages and towns all over England. It’s part-travelogue, too, with raucous accounts of vodka-fuelled evenings that make you wonder why some of the people featured in this book aren’t on the endangered list themselves. It’ll even give you explicit details about how to achieve the apparently near-impossible task of sexing beavers, and what it feels like to have a beaver’s chisel-like incisors slice through your chest….It’ll undoubtedly fill you with rage that officials are still screwing up our wildlife with ludicrously ill-informed decisions …but above all else it is wonderfully, marvellously inspiring.” From book review of ‘Bringing back the Beaver’Continue reading
Most viewed last 30 days
- Nesting birds and the law posted on March 2, 2020
- Botham declares war on the RSPB posted on July 23, 2021
- BrewDog | Gamekeepers no longer needed at Kinrara posted on June 28, 2021
- A quick note to Alexander Armstrong posted on December 31, 2020
- Bee-flies – not dangerous unless you’re a solitary bee posted on April 15, 2021
- European Eels – slipping towards extinction? posted on February 11, 2020
- Hunt Investigation Team | Government Call for Evidence on Snaring posted on July 12, 2021
- Great news – it’s becoming too risky to buy a grouse moor posted on June 17, 2021
- The National Trust and Trail Hunting 2021 posted on July 11, 2021
- Equipment Fund – one month in… posted on July 2, 2021
@WarOnWildlife @SteveWasteney: @HlReports @friendofthefox I have asked the question repeatedly. Why are Terrier Men necessary at a trail hunt. Come on Terrier Men, answer the question. I suspect I will never get one, lets face it, you're not very bright, but can ride a quad bike!!
@WarOnWildlife @Sueblueocean: @HlReports @axainsurance insure the hunt. The hunt intentionally and illegally kill foxes https://t.co/RiCnvhO0rj
@WarOnWildlife @HlReports: Dartmoor hunt now up on "Hunting Leaks". It's important for terrier men to keep a low profile!! https://t.co/Kmwt3IzBEc
@WarOnWildlife @HlReports: .@axainsurance does your trail hunting insurance you give to hunts cover the terrier men? They are killing foxes, so how is that "trail hunting"
@WarOnWildlife @KentBylines @LeagueACS There are still 200 hunts going out using the smokescreen of 'trail hunting', a con they invented to pretend they are not breaking the law.
@WarOnWildlife @mendiphuntsabs: Good morning from Camp Beagle, where we have joined many others for another day-long demonstration outside the vile puppy breeding facility, MBR Acres. Please join us! If you can’t join us, please share the posts on social media. #CampBeagle #FreeTheMBRBeagles https://t.co/NFmIVM6ERz
@WarOnWildlife @wildmoorsuk: We need a step change. We must act. Wild Moors seeks to unlock an area of Britain’s uplands the size of Greater London for regeneration by 2030. https://t.co/43j8xc8nXB