A team working for the Berlin-based Committee Against Bird Slaughter (CABS) have just uploaded a series of images from Lebanon. They show the massacre of migrating birds. Slaughter on a scale that few of us get to see firsthand. The reaction on social media is a mix of bewilderment, rage, frustration, shock…How can this be happening? How can men (it’s almost always young men) line up to blow these beautiful, evocative birds out of the sky like this? How can they show such indifference to the suffering and death? Why aren’t the authorities doing anything to stop it? Meanwhile, here in the UK…Continue reading
Most viewed last 30 days
- Nesting birds and the law posted on March 2, 2020
- Botham declares war on the RSPB posted on July 23, 2021
- BrewDog | Gamekeepers no longer needed at Kinrara posted on June 28, 2021
- A quick note to Alexander Armstrong posted on December 31, 2020
- Bee-flies – not dangerous unless you’re a solitary bee posted on April 15, 2021
- European Eels – slipping towards extinction? posted on February 11, 2020
- Hunt Investigation Team | Government Call for Evidence on Snaring posted on July 12, 2021
- Great news – it’s becoming too risky to buy a grouse moor posted on June 17, 2021
- Equipment Fund – one month in… posted on July 2, 2021
- The National Trust and Trail Hunting 2021 posted on July 11, 2021
@WarOnWildlife @SteveWasteney: @HlReports @friendofthefox I have asked the question repeatedly. Why are Terrier Men necessary at a trail hunt. Come on Terrier Men, answer the question. I suspect I will never get one, lets face it, you're not very bright, but can ride a quad bike!!
@WarOnWildlife @Sueblueocean: @HlReports @axainsurance insure the hunt. The hunt intentionally and illegally kill foxes https://t.co/RiCnvhO0rj
@WarOnWildlife @HlReports: Dartmoor hunt now up on "Hunting Leaks". It's important for terrier men to keep a low profile!! https://t.co/Kmwt3IzBEc
@WarOnWildlife @HlReports: .@axainsurance does your trail hunting insurance you give to hunts cover the terrier men? They are killing foxes, so how is that "trail hunting"
@WarOnWildlife @KentBylines @LeagueACS There are still 200 hunts going out using the smokescreen of 'trail hunting', a con they invented to pretend they are not breaking the law.
@WarOnWildlife @mendiphuntsabs: Good morning from Camp Beagle, where we have joined many others for another day-long demonstration outside the vile puppy breeding facility, MBR Acres. Please join us! If you can’t join us, please share the posts on social media. #CampBeagle #FreeTheMBRBeagles https://t.co/NFmIVM6ERz
@WarOnWildlife @wildmoorsuk: We need a step change. We must act. Wild Moors seeks to unlock an area of Britain’s uplands the size of Greater London for regeneration by 2030. https://t.co/43j8xc8nXB