We’ve written a number of posts praising the straight-up reporting of raptor persecution in the Yorkshire Post (a daily broadsheet published in Leeds and covering the whole of what used to be Yorkshire as well as parts of north Derbyshire and Lincolnshire), most notably by Grace Newton (see for example – North Yorkshire ‘black hole for raptors’ says Yorkshire Post and North Yorkshire | Peregrine falcons found poisoned in quarry). For a regional newspaper that is sold in an area dominated by shooting estates that takes courage. Now in another notable and entirely laudable move, the Yorkshire Post has published a ridiculous piece of propaganda by shooting lobbyists BASC (we’re guessing it would have been difficult to refuse) but then slapped a notice on it making clear that BASC paid for the advertorial (defined by the Oxford Dictionary as a “a newspaper or magazine advertisement giving information about a product in the style of an editorial or objective journalistic article”) and that it does not reflect the views of the newspaper.Continue reading
Most viewed last 30 days
- Nesting birds and the law posted on March 2, 2020
- Botham declares war on the RSPB posted on July 23, 2021
- BrewDog | Gamekeepers no longer needed at Kinrara posted on June 28, 2021
- A quick note to Alexander Armstrong posted on December 31, 2020
- Bee-flies – not dangerous unless you’re a solitary bee posted on April 15, 2021
- European Eels – slipping towards extinction? posted on February 11, 2020
- Hunt Investigation Team | Government Call for Evidence on Snaring posted on July 12, 2021
- Great news – it’s becoming too risky to buy a grouse moor posted on June 17, 2021
- Equipment Fund – one month in… posted on July 2, 2021
- The National Trust and Trail Hunting 2021 posted on July 11, 2021
@WarOnWildlife @SteveWasteney: @HlReports @friendofthefox I have asked the question repeatedly. Why are Terrier Men necessary at a trail hunt. Come on Terrier Men, answer the question. I suspect I will never get one, lets face it, you're not very bright, but can ride a quad bike!!
@WarOnWildlife @Sueblueocean: @HlReports @axainsurance insure the hunt. The hunt intentionally and illegally kill foxes https://t.co/RiCnvhO0rj
@WarOnWildlife @HlReports: Dartmoor hunt now up on "Hunting Leaks". It's important for terrier men to keep a low profile!! https://t.co/Kmwt3IzBEc
@WarOnWildlife @HlReports: .@axainsurance does your trail hunting insurance you give to hunts cover the terrier men? They are killing foxes, so how is that "trail hunting"
@WarOnWildlife @KentBylines @LeagueACS There are still 200 hunts going out using the smokescreen of 'trail hunting', a con they invented to pretend they are not breaking the law.
@WarOnWildlife @mendiphuntsabs: Good morning from Camp Beagle, where we have joined many others for another day-long demonstration outside the vile puppy breeding facility, MBR Acres. Please join us! If you can’t join us, please share the posts on social media. #CampBeagle #FreeTheMBRBeagles https://t.co/NFmIVM6ERz
@WarOnWildlife @wildmoorsuk: We need a step change. We must act. Wild Moors seeks to unlock an area of Britain’s uplands the size of Greater London for regeneration by 2030. https://t.co/43j8xc8nXB